I managed to jot down a few notes from the session:
- What is your market?
- Enterprise pricing very different
- Your pricing determines what type of customers you'll get
- Estimating ties into pricing to determine whether a business is viable
- Estimating your customer acquisition cost if important
- Price as high as the market will bear
- Should you price yourself based on cost?
- Generally not, but should at least be considered a minimum
- Should never offer a B2B app to businesses for free
- B2C generally needs to have a free option
- Estimating is very hard, and you will always underestimate
- Estimating product costs: How long can you survive on no money?
- Pricing: What are the alternatives?
- What is the premium value you're offering?
- Estimating: At least double it -- there are always unknowns
See you at the next!